Welcome to GIS 5007 Spring 2023


My name is Kelsey Yoder-Ostroski and I am a new(er) student in the world of GIS. This is my third class in UWF's GIS Admin graduate program as a full-time student. At the moment I am a caregiver to our kids but I also do volunteer work with a nonprofit providing support to local moms. We are a military family; we have lived in the Navarre area for 3 years and are preparing to move to Germany this summer. I'm not ready for the cold! I am originally from Texas so I love the heat, but we can't wait to see everything Germany and its neighbors have to offer. 

In my free time, I enjoy learning German, baking (mostly breads), or doing home improvement projects. I have a weakness for cookies and power tools. 

I am pursuing a master's in GIS business administration because I love how applicable and versatile it is. It literally encompasses every topic on Earth from the land to its resources and to all of history. I'm not 100% sure what I will do after graduating but I am interested in the more human-centric activities involving GIS such as human activity, trends, and changes. 

Click here to see my ArcGIS Online Story Map

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coastal Flooding & Storm Surge Analysis

LiDAR and Vegetation Density